Skip to main content

Off Campus Course Request

Students must be enrolled at Carlsbad High School while attending an off campus class in order to receive credit on a Carlsbad High School transcript. Carlsbad High School shall grant credit toward high school graduation for coursework successfully completed at a community college, state college, public or private institution provided that:

  • The “Off Campus Course Permission Request Form” must be signed by the student, parent/guardian, counselor and administrator prior to a student enrolling in the off campus course. Otherwise the course will not be recorded on the high school transcript.
  • The institution where the course is taken must be WASC or otherwise regionally accredited school.
  • The student shall receive the same letter grade for the high school credit as is granted by the college
  • or private institution.
  • Upon the completion of the course, the student must submit an official transcript showing the student successfully completed the course. 

No more than 40 credits from the combined areas of college courses, private institution, or adult school may be transferred onto the high school transcript.